Thursday, October 15, 2015

Skating Inspired for Tis the Season 53!

Good afternoon!

This week at Tis The Season Stamping we have a great winter inspiration for you! Scenes like this are what my winter growing up in Wisconsin were like. Rustic old farmhouses, beautiful snow sparkling for miles, and hints of evergreen sprigs and garland lining front porches. My favorite part about winter (in a snowy location) is that the simplicity of the landscape is enough decoration for me. Its sparkly, bright, and has the hints of the trees to showcase its natural beauty.

I'm also jealous of the warm winters out there as well. I'm not talking warm as being in the 50's (Well, in North Pole during the cold stretches that could be a 100 degree heatwave) but I'm talking HOT, like Phoenix. I also like hot cocoa in the winter, which would be hard in 90 degree weather.

I'll keep weighing my options. In the meantime all this banter was brought about by this picture:


My take:
How long have I been saying I need to make a lightbox for? That time of the year again!
I've been itching to do two things: 1) Use the new woodland embossing folder from SU (and make it SO sparkly!) and 2) Make a shadow box card. They are so easy and always come out really cute! Plus, it's WAY easier using circle framelits instead of the Circle Scissors! 

One of the very first challenge cards I made was this card in 2011. Talk about a #TBT right?! Take a look around at my old stuff! It's a nice trip down memory lane! 

Supplies: (All SU! unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Winter Post (ret), Bells and Boughs (ret)
Ink: Bashful Blue, Smokey Slate, Midnight Muse, Early Espresso
Paper: Whisper White, scraps. 
Accessories: Woodland Texture embossing folder, Circles Framelits, Northern Frost decorative strip die by Sizzix, White Smootch Spritz, Iridescent Ice embossing powder. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a stamptastic day!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Your kind words are appreciated!