Monday, October 12, 2015

October Swap Group

Hey everyone!!

Here is the card I made for our October swap group. The theme this month was Thankful (one of my favorites). I stuck with the fall theme to go along with this and came up with this card using nice fall colors.


There is a specific name for this technique, which is totally slipping my mind at the moment. Inlaid embossing maybe? You can use punched or die cut images scattered then embossed as well. Anyway, no matter what you do, it always looks great. For this card I just stamped the leaves in different colors and then ran through the big shot with an embossing folder. It adds a perfect bit of texture (and also distracts the eye from any blemishes). For the punched image, I used the decorative label punch for the sentiment, then punched Blackberry Bliss and cut in half to frame around it. I love how versatile our punches are! 

Supplies: All Stampin' Up (unless otherwise noted)
Paper: Dusty Durango (ret) Crushed Curry, Whisper White, Blackberry Bliss
Stamps: Days of Gratitude
Ink: Hello Honey, Tangelo Twist, Blackberry Bliss. 
Accessories: Island Indigo ribbon (ret), square lattice embossing folder (ret), Decorative Label punch. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a stamptastic day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Your kind words are appreciated!